- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. [Note: Your home address is not required!]
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
1. Go here and donate whatever you can spare! Even a dollar or two will really make a difference.
2. Soft scarves in nice colors (preferably knitted or crocheted) especially chenille ones. Some colors I would love to have... shell pink, charcoal grey, plum or violet, burgundy, crimson, cobalt blue and burnt orange.
3. An excersize ball, like one of these to be used in place of my desk chair at work, which is killing my back.
4. A Home Depot or Lowes gift card so I can insulate my attic this winter so that hopefully I will have enough money to heat my house.
5. Some of these oils to keep the homestead smelling non-doggy...
6. Christmas cards especialy from outside the US! I would like to send more too!
7. Anything from my Amazon.com Wishlist
8. Winter Icons - Penguins, polar bears, snow, etc.
9. More members at monstericons
10. Harry Potter Fanfic - Featuring PorfessorSprout to be posted at 1000ways_ps
One wish that didn't make it on the list is that everyone have a holiday season full orf warmth and wonder and things we thought we'd lost...
I am more excited this year than I have been in some time.
Everyone comment and let me know if you have posted a list so I can add it to my memories for wish list granting.
Email me at [gilathief at gmail dot com] for address or other contact information.