It is nice to see what you guys thought the answers to these were because many of them are pretty integral to understanding who I am. People who get more of them right probably know me about as well as anyone.
Some of these we a tough call since I included a few things that could have been correct.
FYI, even my hubsand missed one!
1. My favorite Russian writer. most people thought it was Dostoevsky (41%), Tolstoy and Chekhov tied for second (23%). The correct answer was Chekhov! I like that he puts his characters together and lets things hapen to them, his storytelling style in both his plays and short stories is very natural and very character driven.
2. Which Hollywood celebrity would I not shag? Well, many of you know I have a weakness for Owen Wilson (we could sit and discuss Chekhov) and obviously for Clooney, because come on the guy is Geroge Clooney! Most of you guessed that I would have a go with 007 (Pierce Brosnan as well). So it came down between Jack Nicholson and Orlando Bloom. Jack's confidence and unabashed masculinity make him very appealing to me, while I find Orlando Bloom vastly overrated. 41% got it right, while 35% didn't know of my infatuation with Jack.
3. How many times have I been married? An overwhelming majority of you got it right! 83% knew that I have been married only once, to my current husband of almost four years.
4. My real first name? Most of you are on my Christmas card exchange list, so 72% of you knew that my first name is Angelica. But, wouldn't it be fun if it were Anastasia?
5. What are my favorite colors? Almost no one got this right, I was a little surprised! ONly 5% figured out that Violet, Scarlet, Crimson, and Cobalt are my favorite colors.
6. I have read more books by ... Stephen King than any other author and 58% of you knew this. I love Simon Winchester and Edith Wharton but have not read more than three or four books from either of them. :( I actually like John Grisham too, though I have only read The Pelican Brief and The Firm.
7. When I was in elementary schol what did I want to be? Most of you (44%) said a writer, and the next highest vote getter was doctor (27%). And while I am flattered that any of you would think that, only one person got the correct answer. I wanted to be an attorney. I persued it up until high school when a day "in the field" with an attorney who was a friend of my grandfather convinced me that I am too emotionally invested to make a good lawyer.
8. Now I want to be a ... professor. 44% of you thought so, however, even more surprising 55% thought I wanted to be a writer. They are similar I suppose and since I am not actively pursuing the professor thing right now, it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that most of you didn't know that, but it kind of did.
9. The three most important issues to em personally are, civic engagement, animal protection and welfare, and literacy, not always in that order, but those are always my major priorities.That choice made a late surge to become the most popular with 35% of the responses, though the remainder were fairly evenly matched.
10. My opinion on gun control? Most of you got at least some of my position right. The only response which didn't apply was the statement that guns should be outlawed completely, which only one person said.
11. My opinion on capital punishment? Again, most people got some of it right... I think that there are cases where capital punsihment is warranted and I think that in cases where DNA evidence might be able to make a difference those cases should be reopened. 43% of you got the first part of that right and 56% got the second part correct.
12. My favorite animal? 88% of you knew that penguins are my favorite animal. And really, what's not to love about penguins?
13. How many times have I been arrested? 44% of you said once, and while I was detained briefly at Slythcon, I have in fact never been arrested, so that's the correct answer, which 55% of you answered.
14. My favorite periods in American Literature? Another late surge, 38% of you knew that I dig american Romanticism (Melville, Hawthorne, and Poe, etc.) and Early 20th century American Drama (Albee, Williams, Miller, and O'Neil, etc.)
15. My tatto? Is Snoopy typing on his typewriter. 33% said that was it, while 27% of you said it was a pawprint. 16% said it was Snoopy ice skating with a penguin... and that is very likely to ba correct answer by mid-summer. Huzzah!